Friday, January 11, 2013

Time to Share

Since the holidays are over I am able to share the quilt that I made for my daughter-in-law.  She has been a Nutcracker collector for years.  Her Grandmother started her collection years ago and would add to it every year up until she passed away in 2010.  So when I saw this patterned I just had to do it for her. 

I started it for her in 2011 and it took me til Christmas 2012 to get it completed.

Each Nutcracker is appliqued and  has his own personality. They were very fun to do. I got to see her open it on Christmas morning via Skype (thank you technology) and she loved it. 


I am a pretty fortunate woman to have such a special young woman in my life.


 We enjoy each others company and she is not just my daughter-in-law she is my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment