Friday, January 4, 2013

Starting the New Year Out Right

 Well I have spent this past week doing a major redesign of my sewing room. What better way to start of the year.  It helps to have a sister that is a retired interior designer to help with planing the space. This is what we came up with. 

This is a view from the doorway looking into the room. I have a good size cutting table that doubles as storage.


 Here is the view from the opposite end of the room. The wood table was my mother's and I use it as my sewing table. I have a folding table set up with it right now for my sewing group coming tomorrow.


 This corner is my fabric stash.  I have broken them down into color groups for my cotton fabrics. The top is all of my flannels and fleece. Oh but there is still room to add more. The plastic containers are all my WIP's. Hope to get some of these done this year.


There is a library section dedicated to Quilting and Cross Stitching my two favorite things.  I have collected over the years so when I retired I would have plenty to choose from.  The dresser underneath doubles as storage for my cross stitch supplies.





Here is the kitchen area of the room. It comes in handy when I have groups over to sew and lunch. The bathroom is just to the right of the kitchen. We never have to go into the main house at all




The design wall is fantastic ! I love it. It is pretty large but I am able to put any size quilt on it. Right now I have The Super Quilter I am going to be quilting for my sister hanging for inspiration and some Halloween fabrics for a variation quilt layout I am working on.

  
I have saved the best for last. My Gammill Quilter with Statler Stitcher.  I got it in May of last year and I have been having a ball !  I just love, love, love this machine.

 
Well that's it.  I hope you enjoyed  visiting as much as I have sharing .  See you all next week my friends 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment