Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Sisters Quilting Retreat

I have three sisters and we are all into quilting. Every year for the past three years  we get together, just after Valentines Day, for a week of quilting and reminiscing.  We gather at my sister Eileen's house in Rogue River, Oregon.  It is a perfect retreat place on ten acres in the woods of Southern Oregon.  We take projects to finish and some to start.  We hit every quilt shop from Medford to Grants Pass just to be sure there isnt a fabric we may have missed.  Last year on one of our shopping excursions I found this quilt pattern for tea pots and tea cups. My second favorite thing to collect is exactly - Tea Pots and Tea Cups.

Eileen and I decided to work on these blocks together this year and Cathy wanted to finish a quilt top she had been working on for her granddaughter Liberty.

I used 1930's prints and Eileen pulled from her stash. My sister Maureen kind of came and went working on hand work. She likes to do all her quilts by hand piecing.

Here are a few photos of what we accomplished.


Eileen hard at work .  Last year she was working in the diamond  covers you see on the chairs. They are like a extra long table runner covering the front and back of her dinning room chairs.

Here is Cathy working away on Liberty's quilt top. They just love me to take pics cant you tell.  Maureen never sits still long enough for me to get her.  Cathy's finished quilt top



Here is one of Eileen's  and my tea pots before the spout and handle is appliqued on

I love these visits and I love and cherish the time I get to spend with these women
Finally a pic of Maureen. That is her on the front left and me front right. I had her captive when we went to lunch one day

No comments:

Post a Comment