Monday, April 5, 2010

Remembering Mom

I was just thinking about my mom today and thought I would share some of her hand work with you. Mom liked to knit and do needle point.  When I was a little girl I loved getting these bootie slippers from mom that had a little pom pom on the front top of the slipper. I thought they were like ballet slippers. Mom use to knit little beanies to donate to the hospital for the newborn babies.  She loved babies.

I am fortunate to have two of my mom's needle point pieces one finished and one not.  This is a sample stitch pillow mom did.

The other piece I have mom never did finish and I keep it just the way she left it with her needle still in place.


Mom developed Alzheimer's and little by little lost pieces of herself.  I keep these works of hers in my sewing room where I can see them everyday and feel I still have her with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment