Sunday, January 31, 2010

One Moment in Time

Have you ever had a day that just felt special? The air was different and every fiber of your being told you drink in this day.  Well yesterday was that kind of a day for me.  I went on a small hike with a group of 10 women. We hiked into a small redwood grove. Here surrounded by these majestic trees we had an hour of yoga .  There was a beautiful breeze. You could hear the birds in the tree all around .

This is Kara. She is the yoga instructor and a very good friend of mine. She puts a lot of love and passion into what she does. She is one of Gods special people. I am very grateful to have her friendship.
Below is a photo of the whole group after we had finished our class and were preparing to hike back to our cars. Everyone was in a great  state of mind. Some were going out to dinner that evening, or to a movie. I was headed home to work on the Camp Sloanie assignment from Pat Sloan's blogg.


Check out the Pat Sloan blog.  She has come up with a virtual Quilting Camp weekend called Camp Sloanie.  For the past week when you went to her blog she gave you assignments to get ready for the Quilt Camp weekend coming up Feb 5,6,&7.

The project is to use up your stash and/or pre cuts you have on hand. No buying for this project necessary. The challenge is to use what you have on hand. Here are my color choices so far.

The assignment for this week is to start cutting the fabric into 2.5" strips and contrasting fabric into 10.5" squares.  I decided to use the greens for my strips and the reds as the squares.  I as I went along other fabrics kept calling me to use them in the project. I ended up cutting three colors for the squares, two different reds,some blues and a really fun green.

I really think the green with the houses is going to be cute.


These squares will be cut on the diagonal.

I cut all my green 2.5" strips. I used 9 different prints to give me plenty of creative choices.

Still have some blues and reds to cut up this week.
Then I'll be ready to go this weekend. Stay tuned and I will post my results from the weekend.

Well this is the end of a great weekend filled with friends, the peace of nature and the creativity of my favorite thing to do.  QUILTING.

No comments:

Post a Comment