Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Quilt for Carson



My grandson Carson is quite a character. He is animated, funny and old beyond his years.  Sometimes he just kills my with the expressions on his face.  He is a real trip to be with.  When I was out at a quilt shop a quilt pattern caught my eye that said Carson all over it.



It is so bright, busy and full of life just like he is and he happens to love turtles (the Ninja kind of course)
He also loves the ocean and goes sailing with his Oma (his other grandma) all the time.   I started working on the quilt in Febuary when I was up in Oregon visiting with my three sisters.  I love batiks and have been collecting them for some time.




The pattern called for paper piecing and a little applique.  I had never done any paper piecing so the first block went a bit slow.  Once I got the hang of it I really enjoyed the process.

I am happy to say I finished on time for Carson's birthday in October and I was pleased with the outcome. 






A friend of mine, Vickie, collects sea turtles and she liked the quilt so much she has ask me to do one for her.  I guess I will be getting more practice in paper piecing next year,lol
 
 
Hope you enjoy the blog and please come back again
 

No comments:

Post a Comment